Wednesday 29 July 2015

Chocolate Cookies

Hey guys! 

So today is the day we fly home :( but it won't be until about 11:00 tonight. I hope you've liked the posts from the last few weeks! Hopefully I should be able to do a few different DIY posts throughout the summer that are slightly bigger. 

This recipe is originally Tanya Burr's and I give complete credit to her as they are absolutely amazing! Here is the original recipe. I altered it slightly just to add my own twist but the basics are pretty much the same. 




She says the recipe tend to make 10 cookies but I'm not so sure about that because everytime I make the same amount and I end up with different numbers of cookies every time.  
200g butter
150g caster sugar 
150g soft brown sugar 
1 large egg
275g self-raising flour

Optional:
cocoa powder mixed with a little milk to make a paste 
a bar of milk chocolate (or buttons)
a bar of white chocolate (or buttons)
Raisins or sultanas

I tend to bake them at 180 degrees Celsius for about 13 minutes which is slightly longer than the original recipe but the temperature is lower. If they come out still very soft though, you may want to put them in for slightly longer until they're only slightly soft. 

A variation I did of this was to not add cocoa powder and put raisins or sultanas in instead of chocolate. This makes them slightly flatter for some reason when they cook but still soft and chewy. 

Myself and my family have all agreed that these cookies are by far the best ones we have ever had! They are so delicious and the brown sugar just adds a little extra soft and chewy-ness that otherwise caster sugar wouldn't.

Have an absolutely wonderful few days guys!

Until next time 
Grace
X

No comments:

Post a Comment