Saturday 3 May 2014

DIY - Inspirational Quotes Jar

Hey there!

Ok, so this is my first real blog post! *calming breath*

My friends birthday is coming up in a few days and I wanted to go further than just buying her a present that she wouldn't really have a major use for. So, I decided to make her something, this something had to be pretty but mean something to her.

That was when I saw pictures of a 'Quotes Jar' (a.k.a. 'happiness jar') and knew I wanted to give her that. This jar is for all the times she is feeling low and needs to be cheered up.

This is how I made it...

First, you will need a jar. I just used this old jam jar. It doesn't have to be extremely fancy but you can buy some prettier ones from most craft shops.




The next step definitely took the longest. You need to find quotes or sayings to fill the jar with. They could be about anything at all and it is completely up to you! I used mostly ones about friendship, happiness and basically ones that I felt fit the task.

These were just two of my favourites:

There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. Linda Grayson
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

I found all of the quotes on the internet. These are some of the useful websites I found:
                                                                                    http://www.coolfunnyquotes.com


You could hand-write or print the quotes, if you wanted them more uniformed. To make them different, you could use coloured card or paper, different fonts, change the colours of the words, anything!



Then, once you're done you need to cut them out, fold them over and fill your jar!



Instead of just leaving the jar plain, you might want to decorate it, or make it a bit more personal. I added a handmade tag explaining what the jar is for, a ribbon and also some glitter to add some colour. I did this step before filling the jar but you could do it before or after.




I'm sure my friend will love it and hopefully the quotes will make her smile! I hope this post helped anyone else who needed an idea for a present for someone, or were just curious. 



Until next time
-G-
x


I would love to see any attempts of this jar! Follow me on twitter @_littleblog and tag with the hashtag: #alittlequotejar 









No comments:

Post a Comment